Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy Holidays from Evie!

Hello to all of my friends! I've had such a fabulous holiday season - I've seen lots of friends, had adventures, and of course, enjoyed dressing up for fun!
Did you make it to Pacific Fabrics Everett for the Apron Contest?  It was such a great time - there were so many inspiring aprons, although I think mine was the best - It had a banana print that was just mouth-watering. I just love those fruit and veggie fabrics,  and yellow is a great color for my pink-and-white complexion.  I had lots of fun modeling for everyone - you know I'm not a shy girl!
As usual, I've been traveling, although a little closer to home! One Friday, I took a trip up to North Bend to ride the Santa Train to Snoqualmie.  It was a sunny and dry day, thank goodness, since I'm not "wild" about snow - seeing Alaska was enough snow for this domesticated urban monkey! But as it was December, it was a little windy and so cold! Fortunately I had my minky parka and fleece pants from the Alaska cruise, and I layered with the red polar fleece scarf I got from a friend for Christmas, and I was ready to visit Santa.


Visiting Santa with Landon, Austin, and Orin
 The train was pretty crowded, but I made friends quickly - I ran into three little boys who were wearing scarves just like mine!  Their grandma made them - she used just 1/4yd of fleece for each, fringed the ends, and they were done!  She also made them the cute flannel caps they were wearing - she said it was hard to choose from all the great flannels at Pacific Fabrics, but once she saw the caps in Kwik Sew pattern #3833, she knew that plaid would be just the thing.  We sure had fun on that train!
Happy New Year to all! I think I'm going to resolve to make 2011 a year of adventure and fashion (wait...did I resolve that last year, too?)
 - Evie

No comments: