Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tuesday Tip: Magnetize Your Broken Needle Troubles

What the heck is that? This, my friends, is your new life saver! It's called a Magnetic Pin Picker Upper and it has saved my life many times. I love using it to pick up pins, screws or anything metal that I've dropped in my carpet (it telescopes so you don't even have to bend over!), but I REALLY love it when I break a needle on my sewing machine. You know - the needle breaks, the shank is still tightly screwed into the the machine, but the broken half is now wedged in your feed dogs. Get the picture? No problem, though. I just take out my Picker Upper, hold the magnetic end over my feed dogs and watch with glee while that broken needle-half magically attaches itself to the magnet. The one shown here is lighted which is really helpful, but there's a non-lighted version, too. You'll find these hanging next to the pins at all our stores! (Lighted version not available at Outlet on 4th)

~ Eileen

Eileen works in the Inventory Department of the offices of Pacific Fabrics & Crafts and manages to keep all those wonderful products you love coming into the stores. In her spare time, she loves to sew clothes and makes lovely things to show in our stores when needed.

Note from Annette: Stop by our booth at the West Sound Quilt Show in Bremerton this weekend and you'll get a Magnetic Pin Wand for free when you make a purchase at the booth!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even better, when the needle breaks and the little pieces go flying around the room, too tiny to find until they are embedded in your foot - the magnetic wand is so necessary! Great tip, Eileen!

Anonymous said...

Oooh! Gotta get one!