Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Halloween for your home: Mustard Moon Pillows

I made these Halloween pillows for our head buyer, Sharon, who has her birthday on Halloween.  They were so easy and super cute that I just had to share with you!

The pattern is "Mustard Moon Pillows" by Buttermilk Basin, and it includes directions and templates for both of these, plus one more, featuring a moon with a jack-o-lantern.  I chose these two because Sharon loves witches and I love owls.

The pattern is well-written and pretty easy - the only real change I made was that rather than using wool felts and hand-applique, I used ultrasuede squares and Steam-a-Seam 2 fusible web.   (I like my projects quick and extra-easy!)  I love the ruffly touch at the edges! 

 - Anna-Beth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super Cute! I'm going to get the pattern and make some as "slipcovers" for my everyday pillows on my couch!